Dedication to Responsible Tourism
We insist on adherence to “Leave no Trace” travel ethics, removing all waste on safari and Kilimanjaro treks and leaving the environment and wildlife untouched.
Our offices have adopted a number of policies to reuse, recycle and conserve wherever possible.
- Paper conservation efforts such as two sided printing
- Changes to energy efficient lighting
- Powering off computers during lunches and when leaving for the day
- Using recycled paper where possible (including our price list)
- Providing more information by email and internet, reducing printed documents
- In our workshops.
We have taken a number of steps in our workshops to make sure that we can reduce the carbon footprint created by our safaris. These include:
- Proper tire inflation
- Engine tune-ups to improve fuel consumption
- Recycling of oil
- Driver training on driving techniques to reduce fuel usage
- Environmental Education.
We work with the Green Living Project in an effort to educate individuals and communities on sustainable practices, with the goal of inspiring people to adopt Eco-conscious methods in their own day-to-day lives.